Monday 20 August 2018

Working mum

My son recently turned one and I couldn’t wait to get back into work! I found casual employment and started last week eager and excited to prove myself. So of course my son falls ill on my second week of work and I now have to take all week off to care for him. My boss did not seem all to happy to receive my phone call especially considering I’m still in my 3 month trail period! Being the child of a teen mother then becoming one myself means my parents aren’t what you would picture grandparents to look like. There is no grey hair and glasses retirees baking cookies ready for baby sitting duties. For me, my parents are barely in their 40s working full time so they can pay their rent and bills just like I’m trying to do so I have no other choice than to rely on day care facilities which is fine until something like this happens. Although I really enjoy working and it is a bit of a break from my two beautiful children, their health comes above all else and that’s a sacrifice I need to make for them. Being a mum is the greatest gift I have ever received but I do wish I had someone I could rely on as a back up when I find myself in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment