Wednesday 25 July 2018

Presentations & why I love to do them!



Yesterday we had to present at one of the high schools and while presenting I could tell how focus this group of teenagers were during our agenda, & all the topics we were speaking about. 
Most the time when presenting the teenagers always focus and love to get involved, and so do the staff. 
When presenting all of us girls who present always say we love when we get groups from schools or juveniles that are always prompting us with questions. 
This shows that they are interested in the topics we are speaking about and it’s even better when teachers prompt us as they are also just as interested in the topics just as much as the students. 

Back to why I wanted to blog today 
it is all these reasons above & oh soo many more, but while presenting yesterday I was in the middle of speaking just about general topics about what’s in a day for a teenagers compare to a young parent when all of a sudden there was a knock at the door I stopped speaking and answer the door.  
There was a note for a student to attend another class, The student really did not want to go she turned around and said this is real life education that I want to learn about. 
I really could tell how much she was really interested, & so could her her teacher. 
So her teacher even said no worries I’ll fix it up you can stay, and you can just go after this presentation. 
This made me really smile, and know that we are having a real impact on the staff, and the students. 
This just showed me the reason I love presenting, it truly is because these teenagers are generally really interested in what we are saying and even the teachers think it’s a great system to have in their schools because a lot of these topics we talk about are generally not taught in high schools, or even at homes for the teenagers. 

I could go on, and on with soo many reasons on why I love to present, but it’s something you have to be there to actually understand how much The teenagers are getting out of these presentations. 
Especially because they are teenagers in their prime of their life. 


myself and all the girls that presented with with karitane TR have all said we all wish we had something like this in our school system growing up and maybe we would’ve gone about things a little bit differently. 
I think that’s why when Us girls present in high schools/ juvenile centres we don’t hold back and we love to try and help these teenagers from always trying to grow up so quickly and to realise that education is worth a lot more because once school is finished or your in school and fall pregnant that’s when the responsibilities really start happening. 
Plus MANY more reasons! 
But yesterday made me extremely happy when that student said what she said to us.
It’s actually has given me extra confidence, more motivation, and extra drive to get to where I need to be. 
Being able to be apart of such an amazing program, and having such an amazing mentor like Bec has help me more than I can even explain. 


I love presenting, and I love all the support karitane has always offered! ☺️👌🙌

No comments:

Post a Comment