Friday 1 September 2017

The parts about motherhood they don't tell you about.

Today it really hit me, that there is so much more to motherhood that our children will never understand until they reach this point themselves.

 Today a close friend of mine committed suicide. I've been broken & crying all day, as heart breaking as it is. Though the hardest part about today was the amount of times I needed to pull myself together & continue to be my daughters mother, meeting all her needs / our daily routine. 
All I could think about & desperately wanted to do was lay in bed all day, to cry my eyes out into my pillow. But I didn't. I got up, make breakfast, took her to school, cleaned ect right up til about 10mis ago which was bed time for my daughter. My day still isn't done yet though. I'm sitting up finishing the last touches on my daughters Father's Day gifts while she sleeps peacefully. My point being in this post is, as mothers no matter how bad our day is we get up, we continue to mother on regardless how broken/sad/tired we are on these days. We don't have a choice or a second option, we just get it done. Which until today, I was unaware this was such are hard task I would have to face in this journey being a mother. But chin up any mumma's going through this, you are not alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment