Sunday 2 April 2017

Worrying seems to never end

As a parent we are constantly worrying and stressing about everything and anything. Lately my youngest daughter Summer has started stuttering when she is talking. It has just happened all of a sudden and i want to do what i can to help her talk and express herself without her getting upset or frustrated. She was 3 in January and her speech has always been a little bit delayed, but now she has started to stutter and its worrying me !!! I do know that at this age kids can start to stutter because they are learning so many new phrases and sentences but this still hasn't put my mind to rest. When i see my baby girl struggling to get her words out it really upsets me and breaks my heart and i want to do what i can to help her.  I will be taking her to my local GP soon to see if there is anything we can do to help her, such as speech therapy. I am just putting it off for a little while to see if she improves on her own and if its just a phase she is going through as i know other parents who kids have done the same and the stuttering has corrected itself.
I love my kids so much and want them to be happy, healthy and love life !!! Even if there may be struggles along the way, we will get through anything because we have each other and we will work on things together !!!

1 comment:

  1. There is a stutter clinic in Bankstown, get a referral and put you name down now, it takes months and months to get in, you can always decline the appointment when it comes up and stay on the list for later. They are a great resource to be in touch with!

    ReplyDelete