Wednesday 1 March 2017

New mums.

Today I delivered a pile of food to my gorgeous friend who has just had her first baby.  I took her baby off her, showed her a few good settling techniques, swaddled her baby & put her down to sleep.  We had a little chat and I told my friend a few brutal truths about early motherhood..... 
1/ it's hard!!! 
2/ you're doing an amazing job!!! 
3/ there is a reason sleep deprivation is used as a form or torture!! 
3/ sometimes you want to call your baby an arse hole, of course you don't really mean it & you love them. 
4/ it's ok to stop breastfeeding if it's not working for you!! 
5/ it's ok to ask for, & accept help!!
6/ feeling smothered & over touched is a common feeling!!!
ALL NORMAL!!!!
I gave my friend a herbal tea & sent her to bed. Her little lady slept for 3 1/2 hours!! Woo hoo!
All new Mummies need support & nurturing. It takes a village but unfortunately in our society that's not common practice. My challenge to mothers of older kiddies..... Reach out to new mummies you know. Let them know it's hard, bake them some bikkies. It means the world to have feelings normalized & not feel alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment